WHAT ARE CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYER’S FEES?
Attorney’s fees are what a lawyer charges for handling, investigation, and negotiating your claim. The compensation a lawyer receives for legal representation can be billed in one of three ways: contingency fee, hourly rate, or flat fee. Almost all injury claims are handled on a contingency fee basis. This means that the lawyer only gets paid if you collect money. At Hastings and Hastings our No Fee Promise to you is that if we do not win you money, you pay us absolutely nothing at all.
Typical attorney’s fees vary based upon the type of claim or case being pursued. For example, the average injury lawyer or law firm for car accidents and personal injury cases charges between 33.3% and 45% of the recovery or settlement. At Hastings and Hastings, we believe that charging 1/3 or more is too much, which is why we pioneered Discount Fees.
DISCOUNT FEES, TRUSTED EXPERIENCE, SUPERIOR REPRESENTATION
We believe that accident victims have been through enough and deserve as much of their settlement as possible. At Hastings & Hastings, we don’t charge 1/3 of your settlement. Our discount fee puts more money in your pocket so that you can get back to what’s important after an accident – providing for yourself and your family.
At Hastings and Hastings, we discount our fees, but never our superior quality of representation. What sets us apart from the other firms is that you always meet with an experienced, qualified attorney—never a paralegal or salesman—for your entire initial consultation. Many of our clients are shocked to learn that many firms in Arizona do not operate this way. We are shocked as well. In Arizona, only a licensed attorney can give you legal advice. In fact, it is a crime for a non-lawyer to advise you on your legal rights. For over 40 years, we have been handling injury claims the right way, not the easy way.
One question that comes up is whether a discount fee means you are getting a discounted service? The answer is unequivocally NO! Our discounted fee simply means that we put more money in your pocket when your case settles. We believe any attorney who charges 1/3 or more is charging you too much. Your quality of representation is never discounted, and our 40+ years of exclusively serving thousands of Arizonans is proof of that.
The bottom line is that our clients always come first and our main priority is getting you, the injured victim, better so that you can focus on what matters: your health and your family. At the end of your case, our discount fee ensures that our clients pocket the most money possible for their injury claims.
OUR DISCOUNT FEE MEANS MORE MONEY FOR YOU
Our firm handles all of its personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. What this means is that we earn attorney’s fees only if your case is successfully resolved. Our fee is contingent upon the successful resolution of your claim. If your case fails to earn a settlement or loses at trial, you owe us nothing at all, including attorney’s fees. It’s as simple as that.
We Charge Less, So YOU Get More:
- On a serious injury claim of $1,750,000 we saved our client over $58,000.*
- On a bicycle vs car accident settlement of $200,000 we saved our client $26,700*
- On a dog bite settlement of $150,000 we saved our client $6,500*
- On a motorcycle accident settlement of $250,000 we saved our client $10,833*
- On a car accident with drunk driver settlement of $200,000 we saved our client $8,670*
- On a car accident with serious injuries settlement of $355,000 we saved our client $15,383*
- On a car accident with fractured leg settlement of $500,000 we saved our client $16,670*
- On a fractured back settlement of $540,000 we saved our client $23,400*
- On a tire blow out settlement of $600,000 we saved our client $66,000*
- On a brain injury settlement of $540,000 we saved our client $23,400*
- On a premises liability settlement of $300,000 we saved our client $39,000*
- On a car accident settlement of $247,000 we saved our client $27,170*
- On a dog bite settlement of $400,000 we saved our client $17,333*
- On a bicycle vs car accident settlement of $125,000 we saved our client $13,750*
- On a pedestrian vs car accident settlement of $190,000 we saved our client $8,233*
- On a car accident with back injury settlement of $175,000 we saved our client $19,250*
- On a go-kart accident settlement of $190,000 we saved our client $20,900*
- On a car accident with a fracture settlement of$275,000 we saved our client $30,250*
- On a car accident with facial injuries settlement of $550,000 we saved our client $60,600*
- On a trucking case settlement of $610,000 we saved our client $67,100*
- On a wrongful death settlement of $1,687,682 we saved our client $73,133*
- On a wrongful death settlement of $2,000,000 we saved our client $166,700*
Savings based on standard industry fee of 1/3 pre-litigation*, 40% litigation**
The average Phoenix-area personal injury law firm may increase its fees to 40%-45% or more should your claim require arbitration or formal litigation. Other firms might also charge you attorneys’ fees if your case fails to earn a settlement or loses at trial. Some attorneys will even charge you the costs of your case even if they are unsuccessful. Hastings and Hastings is different and we only get paid if we win you money for your injury claim.
If you don’t get a settlement, you pay us nothing – nothing at all. That is the Hastings and Hastings No Fee Promise. If there is no recovery, there is no fee.